Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

A Really Special Quilt...

I was having a particularly bad day (work and life in general) and found a mysterious box on my front porch that same evening. Turns out, my friend, CD decided to send me an unfinished queen size quilt that belonged to her mother-in-law, Ada (R.I.P.). It's beautiful, and I'm touched. All the piecing was completed by hand, and there are couple of blocks (actually, one kiss and half a hug...) which have been hand quilted. The stitches are perfect and even, and I can only hope that my stitchwork will be half as good. Thanks to Google, I was able to find out that the pattern for the quilt (Kisses & Hugs) was published by Quiltmaker in the Nov/Dec '99 issue (No. 70). The pattern may be viewed here.

The whole quilt...


Close-up of tiny stitches...

1 Comment:

  1. Princess of Everything (and then some) said...
    Oh it is beautiful! You have a treasure!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home